Imagine sitting in a room with 250 other college students, all committed to one thing: changing the world.
Kingdom Called is a weekend conference for STINTers, Interns, and Global Summer Mission participants to come together in pursuit of a similar goal: a world that is different because Christ was introduced at universities, in neighborhoods and in workplaces. Imagine our world changed because you dared to believe it could be and took this step of faith in your own spiritual journey.
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
7025 Northland Drive N
Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
>> A map and directions to the hotel are available on their website.
Dates and Times
Friday, April 7 to Sunday, April 9, 2017
Registration runs from 330-5 PM. There will be signs and/or Cru staff directing you when you arrive at the hotel. The first session will begin at 630pm on Friday. Eat supper on your own before the first session. You will be free to depart after 3pm on Sunday.
Food and Housing
Housing at the hotel is covered in the cost of your summer mission, so you won’t need to pay for the conference when registering. You will be staying in a room with other students from your (or another) summer mission.
Also included are three meals on Saturday, two meals on Sunday, all materials and snacks.
Supper on Friday before the conference begins is not included. Please eat before the 630pm meeting.
Click here to register.
When you arrive at the conference there will be Cru staff members to guide you through the registration process. Please make sure you have all your necessary forms with you when you register (see list below).
If for some reason you are unable to attend, e-mail your Team Leader and the Summer Missions Coordinator. Your SM Coordinator will need to contact you about forms to fill out for your summer. Your team leaders will also have information for you that will be given out at the conference.
The entire weekend is devoted to preparing you for your summer! This includes:
- team times to get to know your fellow teammates and staff
- informational meetings about your specific ministry location
- bringing or filling out necessary Visa Forms
- training on developing your team of ministry partners
What to Bring
Other than the obvious items (clothing, toiletries, spending money for supper on Friday), you will want to bring:
- A Bible and Journal/Notebook
- Anything your Team Leader asks you to bring
- Bring paperwork as followed:
- East Asia: The Hood: bring your physical passport, visa forms, and 1 passport photo.
- Tanzania: (click here) for items you need to bring
- Peru: bring a copy of your passport
- France: bring a copy of your passport
- Sandstone: bring a copy of your passport
- The Dunes: bring a copy of your passport
- South Asia: bring your physical passport, a high quality copy of your driver’s license or state I.D., 1 passport photo, and disclaimer form. *If you are under the age of 18 you will have to have a notarized Minor Authorization form.
- Australia: bring your background check and a copy of your passport.
(*note: Your Summer Mission should receive an email from your SM Coordinator soon including the forms above you need to bring for VISA applications. Make sure your passport is signed!)
Flying to Kingdom Called
If you are from another state and need to fly to the conference please plan to arrive by 2pm on Friday. This should allow you enough time to get to the hotel from the airport. You will fly into the MSP International Airport. You can make a reservation for a shuttle to pick you up at the airport and take you to the hotel by calling Super Shuttle, at 1-800-BLUE-VAN. You will pay for your flight to Minneapolis and your shuttle costs out-of-pocket, but if you raise more than your support goal, you can reimburse yourself for those costs. Be sure to save all receipts, or we cannot reimburse you.
You may want to call the shuttle company before booking your plane ticket to gauge how much transportation time you should allow in getting to the airport and boarding your plane. The Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport website is: http://www.mspairport.com. The conference will end on Sunday by 3pm, and you can plan to be be picked up at the hotel by 330pm.
Whether you fly to Kingdom Called or drive there, your costs can be reimbursed if you raise more support than your stated goal. Click here for information on how to be reimbursed.